Self-Adaptive Load Balancing System for Grid Computing
- Irfan Darmawan, Aradea Aradea
- Corresponding Author
- Irfan Darmawan
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.8How to use a DOI?
- Self-adaptive systems; autonomic computing; based component; load balancing
- Load balancing is a necessary way of a computer network infrastructure services, with the aim of balancing of computing resources to achieve optimal load processing time. When this has been many methods that can be used for load balancing techniques, namely by adjusting the load on the computing resources will be provided. The strategy does manage the coordination of each of computing resources by looking at their ability. The problem that can arise here is that there is diversity resource involved. This is related to the problems heterogeneity, scalability, and adaptability that is the fundamental issue in the process of determining the workload on the infrastructure of computing resources. This paper introduces the mechanism of load balancing approach, taking into account its ability to adapt to changing dynamic workload, as well as the diversity of computing resources involved. The load balancing is an essential service of network infrastructure, with its aim to balance many resources of computing to achieve load processing time optimally. There are many methods for the load balancing techniques, namely by load adjusting among the computing resources. one of the strategies is to manage the coordination of each computing resources based on their ability. The problem may arise here lies on the involving of diversity resources, as well as changes in workload that can happen quickly and in real time. This is referring to the problems, that is heterogeneity, scalability, and adaptability which include into a fundamental issue in the process of determining the workload of the infrastructure computing resources. This paper introduces the approach of load balancing mechanism, with considering its ability to adapt to changing of dynamic workload, as well as the diversity of computing resources involved. The approach used is to integrate autonomic computing into the component-based software, so it can create the ability of self-adaptive load balancing. Based on experiment result, the proposed model can handle the workload factor of dynamic and diversity of the resources through the feature of system scalability.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Irfan Darmawan AU - Aradea Aradea PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - Self-Adaptive Load Balancing System for Grid Computing BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.8 ID - Darmawan2019/03 ER -