Performance Appraisal Design Using 360 Degree Feedback at University X
- Deniar Yudithama, Fida Nirmala Nugraha, Devi Pratami
- Corresponding Author
- Deniar Yudithama
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.35How to use a DOI?
- performance; performance appraisal; 360-degree feedback; subjectivity
- Directorate of Information Systems is a unit that provides information technology services, at University X, that needs to perform at its best most of time. Its employees’ performance directly affects the unit performance. One problem in employee assessment due to its high subjectivity. Currently the assessment carried out directly from superior officers to their subordinates. Most of the employees are fall into the “good” category of performance. This trend remains from time to time of assessment. There are five generic elements used in the current assessment without descriptions of the aspect and grading that leaves ample room for subjectivity. The purpose of the study is to offer less subjective assessment method using 360-degree feedback approach with elaboration on each assessment elements. The elements are extended to nine: leadership, team player, self-management, communication, vision, organizational skill, decision making, expertise and adaptability. The assessment conducted to 22 employees that were assessed using previous version assessment as well. Result showed that employees performance is more varied.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Deniar Yudithama AU - Fida Nirmala Nugraha AU - Devi Pratami PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - Performance Appraisal Design Using 360 Degree Feedback at University X BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.35 ID - Yudithama2019/03 ER -