Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Social, Applied Science, and Technology in Home Economics (ICONHOMECS 2019)

The Influence of Product Innovation on the Purchasing Interest of Handmade Fashion

Authors
Nurul Hidayati, Agus Sunandar, Nurul Aini
Corresponding Author
Nurul Hidayati
Available Online 21 February 2020.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200218.026How to use a DOI?
Keywords
product innovation, purchasing interest on hand embroidery fashion items
Abstract
Product innovation is one of the key factors of one company’s success. Developing product by creating innovation on a product serves as a company’s attempt to develop its business. Product innovation acts a differentiation from other competitors’ product. It may attract the customers’ interest in purchasing the product. Almira Handmade is the only handmade items manufacturer in Malang East Java that consistently focusing on handmade embroidery fashion and making novel innovations on every product they created. This research intended to identify the influence of innovation on the purchasing interest in Almira Handmade Malang. This research applied quantitative research design. The sample were collected using saturation sampling technique on 60 customers through questionnaire and observation. The data were analyzes using simple linier regression. T-test, and determination coefficient analysis. From the simple regression linier, the equation acquired was Y′ = 4,207 + 0.735X. The analysis result through T-test was tcalculate ≥ ttable, precisely 9.419 ≥ 2.00172 with the Adjusted R Square about 0.598. It appeared that the influence of product innovation on the purchasing interest was about 59.8%, while the remaining 40.2% was affected by other factors out of this study. Thus, it can be concluded that the variable of product innovation positively and significantly influence the purchasing interest. Based on this findings, it is expected that Almira Handmade Malang would constantly develop the product innovation that has been created in order to increase the customers’ purchasing interest in re-purchasing the product in the store.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Proceedings
2nd International Conference on Social, Applied Science, and Technology in Home Economics (ICONHOMECS 2019)
Publication Date
21 February 2020
ISBN
978-94-6252-910-6
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200218.026How to use a DOI?
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Nurul Hidayati
AU  - Agus Sunandar
AU  - Nurul Aini
PY  - 2020
DA  - 2020/02/21
TI  - The Influence of Product Innovation on the Purchasing Interest of Handmade Fashion
BT  - 2nd International Conference on Social, Applied Science, and Technology in Home Economics (ICONHOMECS 2019)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 161
EP  - 169
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200218.026
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200218.026
ID  - Hidayati2020
ER  -