Automated Lobster Cultivation Monitoring System Based on Embedded System and Internet of Things: TALOPIN
- Hakkun Elmunsyah, Feri Kurniawan, Prima yams Fathurrachman, Putri Ayu Anggreini, Yogi Dwi Mahandi
- Corresponding Author
- Hakkun Elmunsyah
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.4How to use a DOI?
- Embedded System; Internet of Things; Sea Water Lobster; Mobile Application.
- Sea water lobster is a commodity from the sea resources that have high selling price and already encroaches international market. However, the cultivators of marine fisheries have less incentive to cultivate the sea water lobster because it is very sensitive to the environmental changes in its habitat. The environmental changes cause the decreasing appetite, vulnerable to disease, cannibalism, and lower lifespan. To prevent these problems, the researchers propose an integrated embedded system using the internet of things that can do automation process to monitor the lobster ponds. The automation system consists of temperature adjustment, pH adjustment, salinity concentration, and an automatic draining system. Beside it, this system is also equipped with a mobile application which is integrated by using internet of thing (IoT) so that the monitoring and control system of the pond can be accessed everywhere. This research aims to test the accuracy of data from the pH sensor and temperature sensor on the prototype. The test is conducted by comparing the data from the pH sensor with litmus paper and thermometer for water temperature. Based on the test result, the researcher can conclude that the data from the pH sensor is reliable and shows the actual value of pH. While, the test for temperature sensor shows the insignificant difference with a thermometer that is only 0,9ºC and 1ºC. This difference is very marginal thus the system can work properly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hakkun Elmunsyah AU - Feri Kurniawan AU - Prima yams Fathurrachman AU - Putri Ayu Anggreini AU - Yogi Dwi Mahandi PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Automated Lobster Cultivation Monitoring System Based on Embedded System and Internet of Things: TALOPIN BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.4 ID - Elmunsyah2019/01 ER -