Study of Antioxidant Activity in Sinom Drinks From Breadfruit (Artocarpus Altilis) Leaves
- Mazarina Devi, Budi Wibowotomo, Soenar Soekopitojo, Desiana Merawati
- Corresponding Author
- Mazarina Devi
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.3How to use a DOI?
- antioxidant activity; sinom; breadfruit leaves; flavonoid; phenolic
- Breadfruit leaves contain antioxidant including flavonoids and phenolics compound. This study aims to analyze the chemical characteristics (antioxidant capacity, phenolic and flavonoid content) of sinom drinks sourced from breadfruit leaves. The experimental design was employed by treatment of ratio between breadfruit leaves and tamarind leaves, which are 70% : 30%, 80% : 20%, 90% : 10%. Two-replication data was then analyzed by ANOVA and DMRT, after a DPPH assay in antioxidant activity, flavonoid and phenolic content. Results show that the highest antioxidant activity is reached by a ratio of 90%: 10% with IC50 of 66,600 ppm. The larger the concentration of breadfruit leaves extract is given, the greater the antioxidant activity. The trend was similarly occured in the phenolic and flavonoids contents; in which the highest values of 90%: 10% ratio are 1926,091 mg/L and 582,717 mg / L, respectively.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mazarina Devi AU - Budi Wibowotomo AU - Soenar Soekopitojo AU - Desiana Merawati PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Study of Antioxidant Activity in Sinom Drinks From Breadfruit (Artocarpus Altilis) Leaves BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.3 ID - Devi2019/01 ER -