Job Shadowing as Learning Method of Men Clothes’ Pattern in the Fashion Department, Universitas Negeri Malang, Indonesia
- Hapsari Kusumawardani, Siti Zahro
- Corresponding Author
- Hapsari Kusumawardani
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.19How to use a DOI?
- Job shadowing; learning method; men clothes’ pattern
- To comprehend how to make men clothes’ pattern, students not only learn from school but also they can learn somethings new from expert directly. Through job shadowing program that provided by fashion department in Universitas Negeri Malang, a student jumped into fashion industries to learn how to make men clothes' pattern from fashion expert. Thus, the aim of this study is to know the process of job shadowing program that implemented in the fashion department to improve student's knowledge and ability. To get data, researchers used the qualitative approach trough open-ended interview. Then, the researcher observed one student that involved a trainer at the training center of labor office at Malang City. The results showed that job shadowing program, namely: preparation of job shadowing programs, coaching students in the training center of the labor office, and conducting implementation and evaluation. The goal is learning that is done will be optimal and in accordance with needs. Finally, it can be commended to other teaching and learning in a different department.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hapsari Kusumawardani AU - Siti Zahro PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Job Shadowing as Learning Method of Men Clothes’ Pattern in the Fashion Department, Universitas Negeri Malang, Indonesia BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.19 ID - Kusumawardani2019/01 ER -