Labor Market Outcomes for Senior Secondary School Graduates in Indonesia
- Nyan-Myau Lyau, Siti Zahro, Didik Nurhadi
- Corresponding Author
- Nyan-Myau Lyau
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.37How to use a DOI?
- Labor market outcomes, VHS graduates, non-VHS graduates, secondary high education
- The problem of increasing unemployment in current Indonesia arises from high school graduates of both vocational high schools (VHS) and general high schools (Non-VHS). VHS have a greater number of graduates than Non-VHS. Non-VHS graduates have the ability to survive and get better position for a long time. Why are Non-VHS graduates better than VHS graduates? This condition requires an evaluation of the labor market outcomes between the two graduates in order to improve the quality of high school graduates as expected. For this purpose, this paper makes an identification of indicators for measuring the labor market outcomes in Indonesia. Based on the literature review method, there are three key educational indicators: the number of graduates, unemployment, and the employment absorption rate by the criterion of the type of educational institution. Finally, these indicators can be used to improve the economy of Indonesian society in the future.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nyan-Myau Lyau AU - Siti Zahro AU - Didik Nurhadi PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Labor Market Outcomes for Senior Secondary School Graduates in Indonesia BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.37 ID - Lyau2019/01 ER -