Innovation Strategy of Exploration in the Scientific Approached Study to Improve Expressive Language Skill in Early Childhood Education Labschool State University of Semarang
- Diana, Sri Wiji Handayani, Sri Dewanti Handayani
- Corresponding Author
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.41How to use a DOI?
- Scientific Approached, Exploration, Expressive Language Skill
- Learning in Early Childhood Education (ECE) should be oriented to the needs of children. Children need stimulation to help their physical growth and psychological development optimally. Scientific Learning provides an opportunity for children to be able to think logically, provide opportunities for children to find problem solving, provide opportunities for children to be able to communicate. Expressive Language Ability in students at Labschool Unnes Kindergarten especially B2 group is still lacking. The research used in this paper is Classroom Action Research. Expressive language skills in classroom action research focuses on the ability to express opinions, ideas, stories, communicate with friends and teachers with simple sentences. Strategic Innovation in Scientific Approach Learning is the strategy used in this Classroom Action Research. A new strategy in implementing scientific approach learning is able to provide opportunities for children to explore optimally. Strategies are implemented with a variety of activities which are not monotonous in class but utilizing open areas outside the classroom which can even be done outside the school. This provides an atmosphere of learning that encourages children to interact with teachers, friends and the environment. Thus it can provide a broad space for children to develop all aspects of child development including expressive language development. The data was collected through observation, documentation and direct interviews with children. While the data analysis used quantitative and qualitative methods. The quantitative data was analyzed by calculating the percentage value, while qualitative data analysis was carried out by describing the results and process data in action research. The results of this classroom action research shows that 86% of children have the ability to express opinions with simple sentences, the ability to express feelings with simple sentences, the ability to express ideas with simple sentences, 80% of children retell with simple sentences, 93% of children are able to communicate, communicate with friends and teachers with simple sentences, 80% of children are able to choose the right words to communicate.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Diana AU - Sri Wiji Handayani AU - Sri Dewanti Handayani PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Innovation Strategy of Exploration in the Scientific Approached Study to Improve Expressive Language Skill in Early Childhood Education Labschool State University of Semarang BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.41 ID - Diana2019/02 ER -