Parents’ Education Degree, Character Education In Children, And Primary Students Social Science Learning Outcomes
- Sutaryono Sutaryono, Isa Ansori, Ziana Istafa, Sukardi Sukardi
- Corresponding Author
- Sutaryono Sutaryono
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.47How to use a DOI?
- Character, Learning Outcome, Parenting
- The initial assumption of this investigation is that the parents’ education degree is found out to have quite significant impact on character building in children and students learning outcomes. This study aimed to: (1) identify parents’ education degree (2) character education method and process applied by the parents to their children (3) the relations between parents’ education degree and the character education in children with the students learning outcomes. This investigation was conducted in SDN Candirejo 02 Ungaran Barat the subjects of which were grade V students, the students’ parents, and the classroom teacher. While its objects are the parents’ education degree, the character building in children, and Social Science learning outcomes. I applied qualitative approach mainly single case study. The data is collected through group interviews, semi-structured interview, observation, enquete filling, and documentation. The data was analyzed using theme analysis. The investigation shows that: (1) the education degree of most grade V students’ parents is low, (2) the character education by the parents is still poor because of the children’s low awareness, (3) parents’ education degree and the character building in children have relationship with grade V students Social Science learning outcomes. The conclusion is that the initial assumption is right, that the parents’ education degree has impact on the character education and grade V students Social Science learning outcomes.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sutaryono Sutaryono AU - Isa Ansori AU - Ziana Istafa AU - Sukardi Sukardi PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Parents’ Education Degree, Character Education In Children, And Primary Students Social Science Learning Outcomes BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.47 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.47 ID - Sutaryono2019/02 ER -