Proceedings of the International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018)

Teachers’ Competencies, Incentives, And Performance Of The Teachers Of Elementary Schools

Authors
Maxie A.J. Liando
Corresponding Author
Maxie A.J. Liando
Available Online February 2019.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.48How to use a DOI?
Keywords
Teacher’s Competencies, Incentives, Performance
Abstract
This study aimed to find out weather or not there is a relationship between competencies, insentives, and performance of elementary school teachers in Manado City. It is also measured that the extent of contribution of each independent variabel on dependent variabel. The population of this study was the elementary school teachers in Manado city and that that was those who had the government’s letter of decision as civil servent. The samples are 70 elementary school teachers taken from 20 elementary schools which were determined by cluster sampling method. The instrument of this study are questionnaires which underwent a try-out and met the requirement for validity and reliability. The data are treated with descriptive analysis, correlational analysis, and regression analysis aided by computer softwere SPSS version 17 for windows. The results of descriptive analysis revealed the following: (1) the variable performance of elementary school teachers of Manado city is categorized as god, even thought 50% of them are below average. (2) the competencies of elementary school teachers in Manado City is categorized as god and less than 50% are above average. (3) the variable incentive was perceived by 50% of the respondents as being good in line with the local schools. The tests of the hypotheses showed that: (1) there is a strong and significant relationship between competencies and performance of the elementary school teachers in Manado City. The teacher’s competencies contributed 37.8% to the performance. (2) there teachers in Manado City; yet the contribution of incentive is only 6.2% to the performance of teachers. (3) the simultaneous relationship of the two independent variables (conpetencies strong and significant. The contribution is 40.1% to theperformance and the remaining 59.9% is contributed by other variables.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Maxie A.J. Liando
PY  - 2019/02
DA  - 2019/02
TI  - Teachers’ Competencies, Incentives, And Performance Of The Teachers Of Elementary Schools
BT  - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.48
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.48
ID  - Liando2019/02
ER  -