Sharing Economy: China's Opportunities, Challenges and Suggestions on Governance
- Shucui Wang, Jiacen Suo, Jianming Ma, Jinjun Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Shucui Wang
Available Online October 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsser-18.2018.36How to use a DOI?
- Sharing economy; Opportunities; Challenges; Governance
- With the rapid development of the Internet, people have become participants and providers of personal goods exchanging and sharing. The development of sharing economy is of great importance to China, which is characterized by its relatively scarce per capita resources, abundant human resources and serious mismatch of resources. It also provides a good opportunity of “corner overtaking” for China's economy. This paper introduces the Transaction Cost Theory, the Collaborative Consumption Theory and new perspectives of sharing economy. After discussing the theoretical basis, research status and practices in China and other countries regarding the concepts of sharing economy, it points out the driving factors of the explosive growth of the sharing economy in light of China’s national conditions and elaborates the challenges of the new-model sharing economy to China’s social governance from four aspects. At the end of this paper, specific proposals on governing sharing economy are made, including the formulation of law and regulation, joint supervision with platforms, then enhancement of personal credit rating, social supervision and improvement of social security system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shucui Wang AU - Jiacen Suo AU - Jianming Ma AU - Jinjun Yu PY - 2018/10 DA - 2018/10 TI - Sharing Economy: China's Opportunities, Challenges and Suggestions on Governance BT - 2018 International Conference on Social Science and Education Reform (ICSSER 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsser-18.2018.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsser-18.2018.36 ID - Wang2018/10 ER -