Bilingual Teaching in Medical Colleges and Universities in China: Problems and Suggestions
- Cheng Chen, Xuecheng Wang, Xiangfa Zeng, Fei Chen, Yamin Jiang
- Corresponding Author
- Cheng Chen
Available Online September 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.54How to use a DOI?
- Bilingual teaching, Medical colleges and universities, Problems, Suggestions
- With the increasing demand for national talents and medical development of China, Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China issued a document in 2001 to advocate the use of foreign language for specialized courses teaching. As it is emphasized that the important task of education development in China is to improve the internationalization level of education and cultivate international talents, many medical colleges and universities have been making continuous effort to equip medical talents with both professional knowledge and foreign language application skills. To probe into and then discuss on the present situation, the already achieved progresses and the current problems and weaknesses of bilingual teaching research and practice in medical colleges and universities in China, this paper makes a brief literature overview about the articles published in some core journals indexed by CNKI from 2002 to 2017, by selecting the Chinese words meaning “medicine” as the topic word and “bilingual teaching” as the key words. This paper summarizes the general situation of bilingual teaching since its pilot program, puts forward some suggestions in view of the existing problems, and expects to promote the development of bilingual teaching research and practice in medical colleges and universities in China.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Cheng Chen AU - Xuecheng Wang AU - Xiangfa Zeng AU - Fei Chen AU - Yamin Jiang PY - 2018/09 DA - 2018/09 TI - Bilingual Teaching in Medical Colleges and Universities in China: Problems and Suggestions BT - 2018 4th International Conference on Social Science and Higher Education (ICSSHE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.54 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.54 ID - Chen2018/09 ER -