An Analysis of the “Prisoner’s Dilemma” in the Theatrical Effect of Educational Predicament
- Lianying Zhou, Yicheng Gong, Deyi Li
- Corresponding Author
- Lianying Zhou
Available Online September 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.102How to use a DOI?
- Theatre effect, “Prisoner’s dilemma”, Education predicament, Discount factor
- Theatrical effect in behavioral economics is adopted to vividly interpret the "high-cost but inefficient" dilemma in the current Chinese education, and then the “prisoner’s dilemma” in game theory is used to analyze the educational dilemma. By introducing the discount factor, a finite and infinite prisoner's game model are utilized to analyze the equilibrium of education dilemma. Considering the essence of the educational dilemma is the deviation between the individual rationality and the collective rationality, it is suggested to introduce the "punishment threat" and strictly implement the third party's regulatory commitment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lianying Zhou AU - Yicheng Gong AU - Deyi Li PY - 2018/09 DA - 2018/09 TI - An Analysis of the “Prisoner’s Dilemma” in the Theatrical Effect of Educational Predicament BT - 2018 4th International Conference on Social Science and Higher Education (ICSSHE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.102 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.102 ID - Zhou2018/09 ER -