A Comparative Study of Polarization Effects of Regional Innovation in China -- Calculation Based on TW Index
- Su Zhang, Wen Guo, Rui Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Su Zhang
Available Online September 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.179How to use a DOI?
- regional innovation, innovation polarization, TW index, resource allocation
- Innovative resources are concentrated from the surrounding backward areas to the economic center, thus forming an innovative polarization effect. As the growth poles appear to the surrounding areas, the polarization effect transitions to the diffusion effect. This paper uses the factor analysis method to obtain the comprehensive scores of innovation ability of the four economic regions from 1997 to 2016, and uses the TW index to measure the polarization of resources in the four economic regions of China. The results show that there are significant differences in the degree of polarization of innovation in the four economic regions, and there is a significant polarization phenomenon in the eastern and western regions, followed by the central region and the lowest in the northeast region. China should formulate regional development strategies in a targeted manner, promote cross-regional coordination and innovation, and build a multi-level growth pole system and promote the redistribution of innovative resources and promote the balanced and rational development of regional economies through the combined effects of polarization and diffusion effects.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Su Zhang AU - Wen Guo AU - Rui Huang PY - 2018/09 DA - 2018/09 TI - A Comparative Study of Polarization Effects of Regional Innovation in China -- Calculation Based on TW Index BT - 2018 4th International Conference on Social Science and Higher Education (ICSSHE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.179 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.179 ID - Zhang2018/09 ER -