Conception of a Big Data platform in context of the energy industry
- Benjamin Wagner vom Berg, Marius Brinkmann, Jorge Marx Gomez
- Corresponding Author
- Benjamin Wagner vom Berg
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.5How to use a DOI?
- Big data, energy, renewables, smart grid, wind power, solar power, Hadoop
- In this paper, the idea of an integrated large scalable big data platform for the energy industry as a contribution to EMIS will be described. For this, use cases are identified that could bring forward a sustainable energy consumption and that faces the challenges of a fluctuating energy production. Use cases and requirements for such a big data platform have been elaborated with help of interviews with experts from science and industry. Furthermore existing approaches e.g. from German OFFIS institute were taken in consideration. To strengthen the approach, a software prototype of the data platform was built based on Hadoop and evaluated with the German software company thepeaklab. The prototype collects data of multiple smart meter and realizes the identified use cases for producer and consumer.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Benjamin Wagner vom Berg AU - Marius Brinkmann AU - Jorge Marx Gomez PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Conception of a Big Data platform in context of the energy industry BT - ICT for Sustainability 2016 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.5 ID - WagnervomBerg2016/08 ER -