Tailor-made energy consulting for five different consumer groups
- Bente Knoll, Georg Spreitzer, Christoph Göbl
- Corresponding Author
- Bente Knoll
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.24How to use a DOI?
- energy consulting, energy use, consulting tool, private households, sustainability, interdisciplinary
- Energy consulting for private homes can make a sig-nificant contribution to achieving energy efficiency targets. The success of energy consulting, which means as much as that the con-sulting leads to real energy savings, depends not only on socioeco-nomic, environmental, structural and technical factors like in-come, climate or living space but also the consideration of people's habits, needs, preferences, values, attitudes etc. is substantial. Within the R&D-project "EnBe2.0" an ICT-Tool for tailor-made energy consulting for private homes has been developed. The "EnBe2.0-Toolbox" meets the multifaceted requirements of end-use energy consumers and assists energy consultants with target-group orientated energy consulting practices. The EnBe2.0-Toolbox combines socio-scientific and technological knowledge and forms an interdisciplinary decision and communication sup-porting tool. On the one hand it provides the basics for target-group oriented communication and on the other hand it supports energy consultants to select customized energy saving actions. With the help of the toolbox, its pre-selected actions based on the customers' needs and its concrete suggestions how to carry out a target-group oriented communication and its provided example sentences energy consultants get a useful tool for their consulting practice. The toolbox supports to communicate selected measures in a way that directly addresses the advised person and hence leads to higher actual energy savings. This paper gives an overview about the functionality of the EnBe2.0-Toolbox and highlights the target group orientated communication.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bente Knoll AU - Georg Spreitzer AU - Christoph Göbl PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Tailor-made energy consulting for five different consumer groups BT - ICT for Sustainability 2016 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.24 ID - Knoll2016/08 ER -