Investigating Students Creativity Based on Gender by Applying Virtual Laboratory to Physics Instruction
- Mr Gunawan, Ni Suranti, Nina Nisrina, Ria Ekasari, Lovy Herayanti
- Corresponding Author
- Mr Gunawan
Available Online October 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ictte-17.2017.54How to use a DOI?
- creativity; gender; virtual labs; physics instruction
- Creativity is one of important goals of education. Students' creativity can be enhanced in information technology-assisted classroom. This study investigated the increase of students' creativity as they follow virtual laboratory-aided physics classroom sessions. The research was conducted towards three classes in three different high schools. The subjects had studied about virtual laboratory-aided physics learning. Samples were selected using purposive sampling technique suggesting 34 male and 36 female students. The results showed an increase exhibited by all students in terms of verbal and figural creativity. Overall, the average increases on creativity were of 55.6% for female students and 52.2% for male students. Verbal creativity was higher than the figural one, which was indicated of 59.02 and 41.97 for each group. The level of verbal creativity achievement were of 55.5 for male students and 62.4 for female students, while in terms of figural creativity, the score was 44.4 for male students and 39.6 for female students. It was also revealed that female students performed higher verbal creativity than male students. On the other hand, male students had shown higher figural creativity than female students.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mr Gunawan AU - Ni Suranti AU - Nina Nisrina AU - Ria Ekasari AU - Lovy Herayanti PY - 2017/10 DA - 2017/10 TI - Investigating Students Creativity Based on Gender by Applying Virtual Laboratory to Physics Instruction BT - International Conference on Teacher Training and Education 2017 (ICTTE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ictte-17.2017.54 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ictte-17.2017.54 ID - Gunawan2017/10 ER -