Topography of Fiber Reinforced Composite Resin Polyethylene and the Nature Fiber of Bagasse
- Diana Setya Ningsih, Mursal, Farhani
- Corresponding Author
- Diana Setya Ningsih
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.20How to use a DOI?
- Baggase, topography, SEM, natural fiber, polyethylene fiber, FRC
- Bagasse is a residual of sugarcane which has experienced five times of extortion. Bagasse has been researched and it can be used as a fiber for material outside the field of dentistry. Fiber that most often used in dentistry is an Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fiber (UHMWPE). Most often fiber used as reinforcement is composite resin. The purpose of this study was to see the difference of topography of synthetic polyethylene fiber with bagasse that is used as a reinforcement of composite resin. The specimen of this study was 2 groups of rectangle bar with measurement 25x2x2 mm. The group was divided based on the type of fiber. It was Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fiber (UHMWPE) and nature bagasse fiber. Both of them were combined with composite resin. The UHMWPE fiber and bagasse fiber were put in the composite resin then the topography was seen using scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and optic microscopy. The result of this study showed that the difference of plait pattern gives influence toward the flexural strength of FRC with diameter filament was about 4-14 µm. The crack between composite resin with synthetic and natural fiber in the current part indicated an imperfect adhesive. The conclusion of the study was there were differences of topography in nature bagasse fiber and the polyethylene fiber reviewed from diameter, adhesive, and porous.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Diana Setya Ningsih AU - Mursal AU - Farhani PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Topography of Fiber Reinforced Composite Resin Polyethylene and the Nature Fiber of Bagasse BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.20 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.20 ID - SetyaNingsih2018/02 ER -