Evaluation of Upper and Lower Lip Growth following Cronin Method Labioplasty in Unilateral Complete Cleft Lip and Palate Cases
- Made Widya Utami, Muhammad Syafrudin Hak, Lilies Dwi Sulistyani, Pradono Suhardi
- Corresponding Author
- Made Widya Utami
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.16How to use a DOI?
- Cleft lip, cleft palate, Cronin method labioplasty, lip symmetry, anthropometry
- The importance of lips in influencing facial profile quality is now a major consid-eration in the surgical treatment of patients with cleft lips. Orbicularis oris recon-struction is important in the Cronin method of labioplasty in order to balance up-per lip growth. This study evaluates upper- and lower lip growth following Cronin method labioplasty in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate (UCLP) based on the protocol of the Cleft Center Harapan Kita General Hospital. After under-going the Cronin method of labioplasty, 36 patients with UCLP were photo-graphed on the anterior and lateral sides using a standardized method at ages 1 and 2 years. The upper and lower lips were measured and compared. At 1 year of age, the lower lip height and vermillion length were slightly lesser than the upper lip height and vermillion length. At 2 years of age, the lower lip height and vermillion length were slightly lesser than the upper lip height and vermillion length. The low-er lip was 94%??"95% as large as the upper lip. Based on anthropometric meas-urements, the vertical height and vermillion length of the upper and lower lips in UCLP cases increases with age after following Cronin method of labioplasty.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Made Widya Utami AU - Muhammad Syafrudin Hak AU - Lilies Dwi Sulistyani AU - Pradono Suhardi PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Evaluation of Upper and Lower Lip Growth following Cronin Method Labioplasty in Unilateral Complete Cleft Lip and Palate Cases BT - 11th International Dentistry Scientific Meeting (IDSM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.16 ID - Utami2018/05 ER -