Body Discomfort Due to Musculoskeletal Disorders among Dental Practitioners in Primary Healthcare Center in Bandung City
- Nur Ismah Gitasari, Sri Tjahajawati, Rosilawati Wihardja
- Corresponding Author
- Nur Ismah Gitasari
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.21How to use a DOI?
- body discomfort, cornell musculoskeletal discomfort questionnaire (CMDQ), musculoskeletal disorders (MSD)
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) are one of the main occupational health haz-ards affecting dental practitioners and result in discomfort, pain, and illness that can result in disruption or impairment of dental practice. The objective of this study is to discover the description of MSD among dental practitioners at the Pri-mary Healthcare Center (Puskesmas) in Bandung City. This descriptive study was conducted using a cross-sectional survey. The study sample consisted of 27 den-tists (23 females and 4 males) working at the Primary Healthcare Center in Ban-dung City who were asked to fill out the Cornell Musculoskeletal Discomfort Questionnaire. The study showed that the type of discomfort most commonly experienced was sore muscles (57.5%), with the highest number of complaints in the axial region affecting the lower back (41.4%), in the upper limb region specifi-cally the right shoulder (8.3%), and in lower limb region specifically the right knee (0.53%). It was concluded that dentists at the Primary Healthcare Center in Ban-dung experienced sore muscles due to MSD and most cases of MSD involved the lower back, the right shoulder, and the right knee.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nur Ismah Gitasari AU - Sri Tjahajawati AU - Rosilawati Wihardja PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Body Discomfort Due to Musculoskeletal Disorders among Dental Practitioners in Primary Healthcare Center in Bandung City BT - 11th International Dentistry Scientific Meeting (IDSM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.21 ID - Gitasari2018/05 ER -