Comparative Effectiveness of Angsana Latex (Pterocarpus indiscus) and Chlorhexidine 0.2% Against Growth of Streptococcus mutans
- Wimmy Safaati Utsani, Mahmud Kholifa
- Corresponding Author
- Wimmy Safaati Utsani
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.34How to use a DOI?
- comparative effectiveness, angsana latex, chlorhexidine 0.2%, Streptococcus mutans
- The aim of this research was to investigate the comparative effectiveness of ang-sana latex (P. indiscus) and chlorhexidine 0.2% against growth of S. mutans. This research was a laboratory experiment (true experimental), with a post-test only completely randomized design, consisting of four treatments: angsana latex 40% (w/v), angsana latex 80% (w/v) positive control (chlorhexidine 0.2%), and nega-tive control (distilled water). Each treatment was replicated six times. The bacteri-cidal effect of the inhibition zone that formed on Muller??"Hinton media was rated. Result: One-way analysis of variance showed that the inhibition zones were sig-nificantly different; the angsana latex 80% (w/v) had a larger mean inhibiting zone than that of chlorhexidine 0.2% against S. mutans. These results indicate that angsana latex 80% (w/v) had a greater bactericidal effect than that of chlor-hexidine 0.2% against S. mutans.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wimmy Safaati Utsani AU - Mahmud Kholifa PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Comparative Effectiveness of Angsana Latex (Pterocarpus indiscus) and Chlorhexidine 0.2% Against Growth of Streptococcus mutans BT - 11th International Dentistry Scientific Meeting (IDSM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.34 ID - Utsani2018/05 ER -