Dekiler-Box Sterility Test as an Innovation in Multifunction Sterilization Equipment for Dental Instruments
- Wimmy Safaati Utsani, Tifani Nazarudin, Ardhita Rosiana Putri, Muhammad Abu Chaira, Bachuroh Fasda, Dendy Murdiyanto
- Corresponding Author
- Wimmy Safaati Utsani
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.35How to use a DOI?
- sterilization, dekiler-box, practical, multifunction, innovation
- Sterilization is the process of destroying or eliminating all microorganisms. The aim of sterilization is to destroy every form of pathogenic microorganism includ-ing spores that might adhere to dental instruments and associated equipment. Dental instruments that come in direct contact with the human body have a very high risk of transmitting diseases caused by microorganisms; therefore, it is im-portant to keep the instruments sterilized. The Dekiler Box is an innovation in ster-ilization equipment to help dentists in rural areas. This piece of equipment has several advantages, including practicality, multifunctions, portability, and zero use of electricity. The aim of this study was to determine the sterilization effec-tiveness of the Dekiler Box through differences in the quantities of bacteria on dental instruments compared to an autoclave. This was an experimental study that compared dental instruments before use, after use, and after being sterilized with the Dekiler-Box sterilization equipment. The results showed that bacteria in-creased significantly after instrument use and decreased after sterilization with the Dekiler Box. In conclusion, sterilization of dental instruments using the Dekiler Box was effective for reducing bacteria on dental instruments.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wimmy Safaati Utsani AU - Tifani Nazarudin AU - Ardhita Rosiana Putri AU - Muhammad Abu Chaira AU - Bachuroh Fasda AU - Dendy Murdiyanto PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Dekiler-Box Sterility Test as an Innovation in Multifunction Sterilization Equipment for Dental Instruments BT - 11th International Dentistry Scientific Meeting (IDSM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.35 ID - Utsani2018/05 ER -