Effect of Collagen -Activated Platelet-Rich Plasma to Synthesis of Extracellular Matrix in Fibroblast of Periodontal Ligament
- Kwartarini Murdiastuti, Pati Tangsupati
- Corresponding Author
- Kwartarini Murdiastuti
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.39How to use a DOI?
- collagen-activated PRP, synthesis of extracellular matrix, fibroblasts periodon-tal ligament
- The aim of this study was to investigate the activation effect of PRP using colla-gen to the synthesis of extracellular matrix in fibroblasts of the periodontal liga-ment. The PRP from the human donor was activated using collagen (collagen-activated PRP) and compared with inactivated PRP as a control group. The groups have measured the deposit of extracellular matrix during the three and seven days for observation. The collagen-activated PRP resulted in a more signifi-cant release of extracellular matrix compared with control group. And, there were substantial differences of extracellular matrix deposit in the three and seven days for observation. We obtained that the use of collagen on PRP as an alternative to stimulate platelet-associated growth factors and give greater extracellular matrix synthesis. The polypeptide growth factor (PGFs) is a biological mediator in perio-dontal regeneration. These materials are desirable because of regulatory effects on proliferation and differentiation of bone cells and connective tissues. Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) and Transforming Growth Factor - β (TGF - β) are the most potent stimulators of PGFs for fibroblasts in cell migration, and prolifera-tion as well as in the synthesis of extracellular matrix. It is vital in the process of wound healing. Platelet - Rich Plasma could improve the activity of extracellular matrix synthesis of periodontal ligament fibroblasts. The addition of rat tail colla-gen in PRP did not affect the increase in extracellular matrix synthesis activity of periodontal ligament fibroblasts. Addition collacure collagen sponge on the PRP was affected on the growing movement of the extracellular matrix of periodontal ligament fibroblasts.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kwartarini Murdiastuti AU - Pati Tangsupati PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Effect of Collagen -Activated Platelet-Rich Plasma to Synthesis of Extracellular Matrix in Fibroblast of Periodontal Ligament BT - 11th International Dentistry Scientific Meeting (IDSM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idsm-17.2018.39 ID - Murdiastuti2018/05 ER -