Community Local Wisdom of Kasepuhan Community at Mount Halimun in Conserving Natural Resources and Environment
- Henly Yulina, M. Kramadibrata, N. Airinda
- Corresponding Author
- Henly Yulina
Available Online October 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.10How to use a DOI?
- Kasepuhan community at Mount Halimun, indigenous system, division system of forest functions, traditional farming systems, sustainability
- Indigenous system as a form of traditional wisdom for generations proven effective in maintaining and ensuring the sustainability of public life of Kasepuhan Community at Mount Halimun needs to be adopted and synergized in regional development related to conservation of natural resources and the environment. Research with non-experimental method of explorative surveys conducted to describe the perceptions and cultural communities to their natural environment. The results showed that the perception of the community rooted in a division system of forest functions and traditional agricultural systems - especially in rice systems like rice or paddy fields, two systems are still adhered to today, where traditional agriculture that are adaptive to the local environment turns out to be a sort of "germplasm bank" of local rice varieties that became a source of food as well as life's basic principal that is forbidden to be traded. The systems thus, protect the existence of water resources to preserve the long-term agricultural systems, community life, and the environment as a whole.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Henly Yulina AU - M. Kramadibrata AU - N. Airinda PY - 2016/10 DA - 2016/10 TI - Community Local Wisdom of Kasepuhan Community at Mount Halimun in Conserving Natural Resources and Environment BT - International Conference, Integrated Microfinance Management for Sustainable Community Development(IMM 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.10 ID - Yulina2016/10 ER -