Indigenous Knowledge, World View and Institution for Sustainable Community at Mappi Regency of West Papua
- Taslim Dawan, Sjafril Darana, M. Kramadibrata
- Corresponding Author
- Taslim Dawan
Available Online October 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.11How to use a DOI?
- Indigenous knowledge, world view and institution, sustainable, Mappi West Papua
- Efforts to preserve the culture and the environment in indigenous communities followed the increase in the standard of living of course requires a relatively long time. The value of each ethnic cultural roots, however very worth keeping, at stake, given than there actually human beings need to realize that each of his creations have the same rights and obligations. One of them raised pattern of life in the region Mappi, Papua. The existence of protection forests now only 30%. The concept of participatory and biodiversity protection dispassial significant value yet. Weak participatory concept can hinder development, especially customary community has long occupied. Legal protection for the people is necessary, with regard to start pouring newcomers. Land use to meet the needs of daily life as the alternative areas have not been met. Fish catches, fishing locations governed by custom maintained, especially after the discovery of contamination of non-local seashell fish that is able to eliminate local germplasm. The use of firearms illegal hunting should be set based on strict rules. Gaps health status of indigenous peoples of the immigrants is felt. Facts discovered during this needs to be addressed through the "Poverty Reduction Approaches and Model" both in terms of the "Integrated Finance and non-finance service for sustainable poverty reduction". Solution approach can be applied to the system dynamics method that aims to link the problems of the factors noted above can be solved simultaneously and comprehensively by involving various aspects related disciplines.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Taslim Dawan AU - Sjafril Darana AU - M. Kramadibrata PY - 2016/10 DA - 2016/10 TI - Indigenous Knowledge, World View and Institution for Sustainable Community at Mappi Regency of West Papua BT - International Conference, Integrated Microfinance Management for Sustainable Community Development(IMM 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.11 ID - Dawan2016/10 ER -