Industrial Concentration and Price-cost Margin of the Micro and Small Enterprises In the Indonesian Food and Beverages Industry
- Maman Setiawan, Muhammad Purnagunawan, Nury Effendi, Rina Indiastuti
- Corresponding Author
- Maman Setiawan
Available Online October 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.12How to use a DOI?
- price-cost margin, industrial concentration, Indonesian micro and small enterprises, food and beverages industry
- This research investigates the relationship between industrial concentration and price-cost margin of the micro and small enterprises (MSEs) in the Indonesian food and beverages industry. This research uses the survey data of the MSEs from the Bureau of Central Statistic during the period from 2011 to 2014. This research uses panel data econometrics to estimate the relationship between the variables. This research found that there is a low industrial concentration of the MSEs in the Indonesian food and beverages industry. In spite of this, there is a positive average price-cost margin of the MSEs in the industry. The industrial concentration affects negatively the price-cost margin which suggests the policy maker to increase the size of the MSEs to gain more efficiency.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Maman Setiawan AU - Muhammad Purnagunawan AU - Nury Effendi AU - Rina Indiastuti PY - 2016/10 DA - 2016/10 TI - Industrial Concentration and Price-cost Margin of the Micro and Small Enterprises In the Indonesian Food and Beverages Industry BT - International Conference, Integrated Microfinance Management for Sustainable Community Development(IMM 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/imm-16.2016.12 ID - Setiawan2016/10 ER -