The Analysis of Factors Related to Feeding Pattern on Child with Undernutrition and Malnutrition Based on Transcultural Nursing Theory
- Firda Isnantri, Kristiawati Kristiawati, Retnayu Pradanie
- Corresponding Author
- Firda Isnantri
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.22How to use a DOI?
- undernutrition; malnutrition; feeding pattern
- The problem of children suffering from undernutrition and malnutrition are still found in Surabaya, especially at Puskesmas Sawah Pulo. It is caused by the unproper feeding pattern given by their mother. Transcultural nursing theory focuses on factors affecting the culture associated with feeding pattern. The purpose of this study is to analyze factors associated with feeding patterns in undernutrition and malnutrition referring to transcultural nursing theory. The design of study used cross sectional method. There were 30 respondents who were chosen by simple random sampling in this study. The variables in this study were the education, economic, cultural value and lifestyle, social and family support, technology, and feeding pattern. The data were collected by questionnaires and structured interview then it was tested by using the Spearman rho rank test with = 0.05. The results showed that there was a relationship between feeding pattern with the economy (p= 0.000; r = 0.727), cultural value and lifestyle (p= 0.001; r = 0.548), and technology (p= 0.006; r = 0.466). However, there was no relationship between feeding pattern and knowledge (p= 0.551), social support and family (p= 0.071). In conclusion, the economic, social and cultural value, and technological factors affected feeding pattern. Hopefully, health workers can improve preventive and promotive efforts by providing health education to mothers and families, so that the number of undernutrition and malnutrition can be reduced.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Firda Isnantri AU - Kristiawati Kristiawati AU - Retnayu Pradanie PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - The Analysis of Factors Related to Feeding Pattern on Child with Undernutrition and Malnutrition Based on Transcultural Nursing Theory BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.22 ID - Isnantri2017/04 ER -