The Relationship Between Nurse Empowerment and Burnout Syndrome In Hospital
- Rizeki Dwi Fibriansari, Nursalam Nursalam, Slamet Riyadi Yuwono
- Corresponding Author
- Rizeki Dwi Fibriansari
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.23How to use a DOI?
- Empowerment, burnout, nurse, hospital
- Empowerment is necessary for the era of competition and service because every organization needs employees who are fast, responsive and independent so they can be competitive through human resources and strengthen the capability and commitment of employees. The lack of empowerment of nurses in hospitals related to stress due to poor working conditions and one of the main causes of nurses' burnout. The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between nurse empowerment and burnout syndrome. This study used a cross-sectional approach and 137 nurses collected as respondents by multistage sampling. The first phase used cluster sampling, the second phase used a proportional random sampling, and the last phase used simple random sampling. Data were collected by the questioner and were analyzed by using Pearson correlation with a significance level of 0.01. The result showed empowerment was significantly related to burnout syndrome. Structural empowerment was negatively related with burnout syndrome (r=-0.110) and psychological empowerment too (r=-0.091). It means that the higher empowerment, the lower level of nurses' burnout. On the other hand with a sense of responsibility given to the nurses can trigger feelings of fatigue affecting job satisfaction of nurses. Strategy empowerment so important to reduce burnout syndrome in the working environment of nursing.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rizeki Dwi Fibriansari AU - Nursalam Nursalam AU - Slamet Riyadi Yuwono PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - The Relationship Between Nurse Empowerment and Burnout Syndrome In Hospital BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.23 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.23 ID - DwiFibriansari2017/04 ER -