An improved routing protocol Ad-AODV Based on AODV
- Zuhong Feng, Long Wang, Xiujuan Gao
- Corresponding Author
- Zuhong Feng
Available Online October 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.16How to use a DOI?
- Ad Hoc network; AODV routing protocol; energy model; load balancing
- In Ad Hoc network, AODV routing protocol is an on-demand routing protocol of relative maturity and extensive application. Due to the fact that AODV routing protocol doesn’t consider the residual energy and the load situation of the nodes when choosing routes, its efficiency declines sharply in the case of the high load and fast moving velocity. To solve the above problems, we propose an improved protocol Advanced-AODV (Ad-AODV) of AODV routing algorithm based on a strategy of energy model and load balancing. When Ad-AODV routing protocol performs the routing request, it will consider the residual energy and the load situation of the nodes. According to the simulation results, the Ad-AODV routing protocol improves the efficiency of Ad Hoc network, and the packet delivery ratio, lowers the average end-to-end delay and reduces the routing load.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zuhong Feng AU - Long Wang AU - Xiujuan Gao PY - 2013/10 DA - 2013/10 TI - An improved routing protocol Ad-AODV Based on AODV BT - 2013 International Conference on Information Science and Computer Applications (ISCA 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.16 ID - Feng2013/10 ER -