Image Mosaic Algorithm and Its Application to the Microimage of Grass Seeds
- Lina Ning, Xin Pan, Lin Zhai, Fan Han
- Corresponding Author
- Lina Ning
Available Online October 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.31How to use a DOI?
- image mosaic, SIFT, RANSAC, adaptive Gamma correction
- This paper presents an image mosaic algorithm and its application to the microimage of grass seeds. The following main steps are involved, firstly in the registration stage, the scale invariant feature transform (SIFT) is employed to obtain initial matches. Then the Random Sample Consensus (RANSAC) is used to remove incorrect matches effectively. Finally in the fusion stage, fade-in and fade-out method is applied to smooth seams which exist in the stitched image. Since the effect is not obvious, the adaptive Gamma correction method is used to weaken illumination effect on image quality to obtain a stitched image, which contains more information than each of the original images. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed approach achieves good performance for grass seeds microimage mosaic in both subjective and objective evaluations.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lina Ning AU - Xin Pan AU - Lin Zhai AU - Fan Han PY - 2013/10 DA - 2013/10 TI - Image Mosaic Algorithm and Its Application to the Microimage of Grass Seeds BT - 2013 International Conference on Information Science and Computer Applications (ISCA 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.31 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.31 ID - Ning2013/10 ER -