A Study on the Student Drain of the Major of Automobile Service Engineering
- Zhuo Yang, Yanbo Deng, Shaojia Huang, Xiqing Wang, Mingchen Shi
- Corresponding Author
- Zhuo Yang
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.29How to use a DOI?
- automotive, after-market, automobile service engineering, switch of major
- With the growing of the sale and the car ownership in China, the automotive after-market is full of business opportunities which induce the short supply of talent for the automobile service engineering. Therefore, since the automobile service engineering was approved as a specialty for higher education by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China in 2003, more than 163 colleges and universities in China set up such a specialty. However, although the employment prospect of this specialty is bright, the number of the students for this major is small which is characterized as the less enrollment and the switching to another major after a period of study on automobile service engineering. The innovation of this paper lies in that we investigated such a phenomenon by questionnaires in Zhuhai College of Jilin University and we find that the reason lies in both students and the publicity of the major.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhuo Yang AU - Yanbo Deng AU - Shaojia Huang AU - Xiqing Wang AU - Mingchen Shi PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - A Study on the Student Drain of the Major of Automobile Service Engineering BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.29 ID - Yang2018/07 ER -