Design and Research on the Teaching Method of C Language Course Retaking in College
- Kene Li, Jin Yang, Jianqin Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Kene Li
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.34How to use a DOI?
- course retaking, C language, interactive, teaching method, feedback, attendance rate
- This research aims to present a way for teachers to teach course-retaking classes of “C Language Programming” effectively. For study purpose, this research investigated the course-retaking students by applying a pre-course questionnaire, and then discussed and analyzed the students’ study problems which led to their failure to pass the course examination. Based on the survey results, this research presented a supervision-feedback-based interactive teaching method which was divided into three parts: guiding introductory, interactive discussion, and feedback exercises. Therefore, the basic knowledge points were mentioned several times, and thus, were strengthened greatly. The statistic data show an increase in attendance rate with the class times. Furthermore, the teaching quality analysis based on the post-assessment questionnaire and the study results reveals the correlation between usual performance and final exam. It is concluded that the teaching methods improve student learning performance and outcomes.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kene Li AU - Jin Yang AU - Jianqin Xu PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Design and Research on the Teaching Method of C Language Course Retaking in College BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.34 ID - Li2018/07 ER -