A Correction Algorithm for Document Images Based on Edge Contour
- Jianhao Ding, Zhijie Lin, Lingyun Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Jianhao Ding
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.27How to use a DOI?
- Algorithm;Document Image; Edge Contour
- For digitized document images with black border, this paper presents a simple and rapid correcting method. Firstly, we extract the contours using canny operator and find the inner contour with maximum area. The bounding box of the contour is used to calculate the inclined angle as the skew angle of the document image. According to the skew angle, we rotate the image around the bounding box center to correct it. Lastly we use the average color of the image to fill the skew corners due to correction and crop the black border outside the bounding box. The experiment results indicate that the presented algorithm is exact, efficient, also with robustness.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jianhao Ding AU - Zhijie Lin AU - Lingyun Yu PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - A Correction Algorithm for Document Images Based on Edge Contour BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.27 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.27 ID - Ding2015/11 ER -