Evolutionary Game Analysis of Product Innovation Strategy between Two Competitor-oriented Companies
- Sili Wang, Dahai Dong, Jiajia Meng
- Corresponding Author
- Sili Wang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.126How to use a DOI?
- radical innovation product strategy; incremental innovation product strategy; competitor-oriented companies; evolutionary game analysis component
- The existing research on product innovation mainly focused on the impact factors, paths and impact effects, etc.. However, the topic of how a company chooses product innovation strategy to cope with the competitor’s is rarely studied. This article uses evolutionary game theory approach to model and study the choice of product innovation strategy between two competitor-oriented companies. Game analysis results show that evolutionary stable strategies exist in four scenarios and radical product innovation strategy is the only way to realize long-term development of the companies and market. In order to win in the competition, companies should adopt specific product strategy according to different situations, and they should pay more importance to radical product innovation strategy to maintain long-term competitive advantage.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sili Wang AU - Dahai Dong AU - Jiajia Meng PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Evolutionary Game Analysis of Product Innovation Strategy between Two Competitor-oriented Companies BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.126 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.126 ID - Wang2015/11 ER -