The Application of EIQ Analysis to The Order Picking of Book Industry
- Shan Lu, Hongyue Li, Xiaojun Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Shan Lu
Available Online July 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.18How to use a DOI?
- EIQ analysis; Order; ABC classification; Book industry; Picking
- EIQ analysis is based on the order data for logistics planning and has a guiding significance to the selection of order strategy. This article describes the steps and methods of EIQ analysis, combined ABC classification of book enterprise orders to carry on the EQ, EN, IQ and IK analysis. According to EQ, EN, IQ and IK analysis, entries and items are divided into Class A, Class B and Class C. Class A orders as priority orders should be used in batches picking; Class B orders should be used in general picking; Class C orders as non-priority orders on the basis of artificial picking orders can be combined and use wave picking strategy. Meanwhile, Class A items which are priority items can be placed in easy picking and exit from the position near or easy job to shorten the distance picking; Class C items should be placed on top of the storage area and placed in a position which is far from the exit; Class B items can be placed in the remaining positions. By the EIQ analysis results can understand order demand characteristics and provide data support for reservoir area layout, has chosen the equipment selection, strategy planning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shan Lu AU - Hongyue Li AU - Xiaojun Yu PY - 2015/07 DA - 2015/07 TI - The Application of EIQ Analysis to The Order Picking of Book Industry BT - International Conference on Logistics Engineering, Management and Computer Science (LEMCS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.18 ID - Lu2015/07 ER -