Design of a High-Performance Ultra-Wideband Monocycle Pulse Generator
- Qi Yin, Zhongming Pan, Zhuohang Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Qi Yin
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.34How to use a DOI?
- Ultra-wideband, Pulse generator, Avalanche transistor, Step recovery diode.
- A high-performance ultra-wideband (UWB) monocycle pulse generator is described in this paper. The pulse generator circuit is mainly composed of avalanche transistor, step recovery diode (SRD), Schottky diode (SD) and microstrip lines. The proposed circuit solution utilizes the avalanche effect of avalanche transistor to produce driver pulses with high amplitude and sharp edges, which can drive the SRD included in a universal microstrip pulse forming circuit effectively to produce high-amplitude Gaussian pulses. Monocycle pulses are then generated by an additional pulse forming network. The circuit, simulated in the radiofrequency software ADS, can generate monocycle pulse whose pulse full width is 600ps, pulse amplitude is 6.3V peak-to-peak and pulse repetition rate is 10MHz with a ringing level of -24dB and good symmetry. With the features such as high pulse amplitude and stable performance this pulse generator is applicable to UWB system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qi Yin AU - Zhongming Pan AU - Zhuohang Zhang PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Design of a High-Performance Ultra-Wideband Monocycle Pulse Generator BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.34 ID - Yin2018/03 ER -