Research on Model of Feasible Timing of Traffic Light for Intersection Control
- Jiangqun Wang, Ning Cao, Guozhong Yao
- Corresponding Author
- Jiangqun Wang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.58How to use a DOI?
- Vehicles queued feasible traffic light cycle.
- Traffic lights play a significant role in regulating traffic flow. Due to the use of stationary phase and fixed cycle in traditional systems, it is not feasible to adjust the phase time to meet real-time traffic demand, resulting in delays, inefficiencies and other losses for traffic participants. This paper presents a feasible mathematical model of traffic signal control based on real-time vehicle detection. Two sensors are used to obtain important parameters of the vehicle queue, such as queue length, the number of vehicles queued, the number of vehicles passing the intersection and reaching the intersection during the green light time, the average speed of the vehicle and so on. These parameters are used to calculate actual demand time and feasible traffic light cycle. The feasible traffic light cycle can reduce the delay time for the car to pass the intersection and shorten the queue length. This model depends on the real-time characteristics of the queue, which is much closer to actual situation. Other traffic participants are considered as the boundary constrains of the model.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiangqun Wang AU - Ning Cao AU - Guozhong Yao PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Research on Model of Feasible Timing of Traffic Light for Intersection Control BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.58 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.58 ID - Wang2018/03 ER -