Optimization of Sight Clearance Area Design at Uncontrolled Intersection
- Wen Shao, Xuedong Yan, Yunwei Li
- Corresponding Author
- Wen Shao
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.60How to use a DOI?
- Intersection sight triangle, significant impact on the driver's available sight.
- Since the lack of traffic control measures, it is necessary to provide the sufficient intersection sight distance to ensure the safety of driving at uncontrolled intersections. At present, the domestic and foreign design standards and specifications concentrate more on the dimensions of square edges and the internal clearance of the intersection sight triangle, and there is no reference to the layout of the outer area of the sight triangles. In fact, the location of the peripheral obstacles may have a significant impact on the driver's available sight and the information obtaining about the intersecting roads. Therefore, it's necessary to discuss the quantitative relation between the obstacle position and driving safety and find the optimal placement position of the obstacle. In this way a larger available range of sight and a higher safety of the vehicle can be provided to drivers during travelling.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wen Shao AU - Xuedong Yan AU - Yunwei Li PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Optimization of Sight Clearance Area Design at Uncontrolled Intersection BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.60 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.60 ID - Shao2018/03 ER -