Effect of Collision Parameters on the Pedestrian Thoracic Dynamics Response and Injury
- Wenjun Liu, Aowen Duan, Kui Li, Liangfei Fu, Hongchun Jia, Zhiyong Yin
- Corresponding Author
- Wenjun Liu
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.61How to use a DOI?
- Vehicle-pedestrian Impact, Thorax, Collision Parameter.
- To investigate the effect of collision parameters (impact area of hood, vehicle velocity, walking speed of pedestrian, pedestrian gait and pedestrian orientation) on the dynamics response and injury of pedestrian thorax by combining the merits of Finite Element (FE) method and analytical method of Multi-body (MB) system, the FE vehicle models and the MB pedestrian dummies were used to coupling simulations. The research shows that for collision situations of pedestrian thorax in contact with the hood and the lower part of the front windshield, the collision speed and pedestrian orientation were the two important parameters effecting the dynamic response and injury of pedestrian thorax. This result is of vital significance for the reconstruction of collisions and the mechanism of pedestrian thoracic injuries
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wenjun Liu AU - Aowen Duan AU - Kui Li AU - Liangfei Fu AU - Hongchun Jia AU - Zhiyong Yin PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Effect of Collision Parameters on the Pedestrian Thoracic Dynamics Response and Injury BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.61 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.61 ID - Liu2018/03 ER -