Optimization for Train Schedules of Full-length & Short-turn Routing Mode in Urban Rail Transit
- Yansong Liu, Baohua Mao, Mengna Li
- Corresponding Author
- Yansong Liu
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.62How to use a DOI?
- Urban rail transit, full-length & short-turn routing mode, train schedule.
- The train schedule is the basis of operation organization in urban rail transit. According to the properties of the full- length & short- turn routing mode in urban railway transit, a multi- objective nonlinear mixed integer programming optimization model of train shedule for a single transit line is established. The objective functions are minimum passenger travel cost, enterprise operation cost and maximum passenger service level. The constraints of model are set as the shortest headway time interval of consecutive trains, passenger demand and the maximal available electric multiple units. Matlab software can be used to figure out the solution to the multi - objective model based on TOPSIS which can convert the above model into the single objective model. The validity of the model is verified by a case, and positions of turn-back stations are also analyzed. The results indicate that full-length & short-turn routing mode is better; the shorter length of short - turn routing is not conducive to the passengers, and it cannot lead to a more saving of Operator's cost as well.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yansong Liu AU - Baohua Mao AU - Mengna Li PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Optimization for Train Schedules of Full-length & Short-turn Routing Mode in Urban Rail Transit BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.62 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.62 ID - Liu2018/03 ER -