Installation and Docking Technology of Control Module for Subsea Production System
- Lan Zhang, Yongzhe Li, Yonghong Meng, Liquan Wang, Peng Jia
- Corresponding Author
- Lan Zhang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.69How to use a DOI?
- Subsea control module, running tool, subsea docking, positional accuracy, flow analysis, pressure drag, running and retrieval, water-exit speed.
- The docking technology of the subsea production system control module (SCM) is a key part of installation. If the docking accuracy is not reached, or poor stability when docking, the butt joint between the hydraulic joint and the electrical joint cannot be accomplished, may also make the subsea control module not work. Therefore, aiming at the design and installation requirements of SCM for 1500 meters of water depth, it focuses on the research of subsea installation and stable retracting technology. Based on the computational fluid mechanics method, the simulation of the flow field and the analysis of the effluent multiphase flow in the deployment and reclamation process are carried out, and the theoretical basis is provided for the hydrodynamic characteristics and the control of the effluent stability of the equipment in the deployment and reclamation process. The results show that the coupling between SCM and MRT can be applied to the positioning and docking, and the positioning accuracy can reach 0.1 mm, which increases 44% compared with other methods. When deploying, the differential pressure between SCM and MRT is 4 times, the cable tension required is larger, and the stability is poor than the alone installation tool. When recycling, with the increase in reclamation speed, the device's pressure drag gradually increased, the friction drag changes slightly, and the overturning moment of the equipment in the water-exit process decreases as the water-exit speed increases. In this way, the designed docking device can meet the installation requirements, and ensure the accuracy and stability of the docking.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lan Zhang AU - Yongzhe Li AU - Yonghong Meng AU - Liquan Wang AU - Peng Jia PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Installation and Docking Technology of Control Module for Subsea Production System BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.69 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.69 ID - Zhang2018/03 ER -