Structural Topology Optimization Research for A Six-DOF Space Robotic Manipulator
- Songbo Deng, Yan Wang, He Cai, Ke Li, Fan Yang, Yanbo Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Songbo Deng
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.88How to use a DOI?
- space robotic manipulator, arm rod, light weight, multi constrained topology, finite element
- This paper focuses on the lightweight design of the 6-DOF space manipulator designed and assembled independently. The mass ratio of the arm rod is large which matters a lot on the positioning accuracy of the manipulator end. The light weight analysis is carried on to the arm rod of the space robotic manipulator. The stiffness and the natural frequency of each orders are taken as the constrain conditions so called the multi-constrained topology optimization. The optimized iterative design is made with BESO, and the optimized iterative speed is improved by the GBESO way. By comparison of the optimization data, the result shows that the stiffness and natural frequency of the manipulator will not be reduced while the mass of the arm rod is reduced. It proves the effectiveness of the optimization. This method could be applied to the design and optimization of other space manipulator.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Songbo Deng AU - Yan Wang AU - He Cai AU - Ke Li AU - Fan Yang AU - Yanbo Wang PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Structural Topology Optimization Research for A Six-DOF Space Robotic Manipulator BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.88 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.88 ID - Deng2018/03 ER -