Study on Vehicle Location in Road Traffic Accident Based on Surveillance Video and Vanishing Point
- Aowen Duan, Wenjun Liu, Hongchun Jia, Zhiyong Yin
- Corresponding Author
- Aowen Duan
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.99How to use a DOI?
- surveillance video, vanishing point, road traffic accident, distance measurement
- To solve the problem that it is difficult to obtain the accurate locations of target objects directly by the surveillance video in Road Traffic Accidents, this paper presents a method of measuring the relative position of vehicles on the road surface by using vanishing point principle to mesh the surveillance video frames. In a road traffic accident with surveillance video, this method was applied to analyze the dynamic positional relationship between vehicles and marking lines on the road surface. The accurate moving tracks of 2 vehicles involved were obtained and the measurement accuracy was verified. The result shows that the measurement errors are less than 3%, proving that this method has a guiding effect on obtaining the accurate locations of vehicles in Road Traffic Accidents. It can be applied to traffic accidents with surveillance video to determine the accurate locations of target objects in the process, thus providing necessary data for subsequent accident reconstruction and injury reconstruction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aowen Duan AU - Wenjun Liu AU - Hongchun Jia AU - Zhiyong Yin PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Study on Vehicle Location in Road Traffic Accident Based on Surveillance Video and Vanishing Point BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.99 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.99 ID - Duan2018/03 ER -