Top-K Routing Algorithm Based on Bandwidth Utilization in SDN
- Erwei Ye, Zhaohua Long, Ruifang Dong
- Corresponding Author
- Erwei Ye
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.125How to use a DOI?
- SDN; Top-K algorithm; Bandwidth Utilization; Load Balancing.
- Because of the tight coupling between the traditional network control layer and the data layer, the path allocation algorithm has poor globality and lack of real-time, and distribution of network traffic is unbalanced, which leads to network congestion. To solve the problem, according to the advantages of SDN centralized control and transparency, a Top-K routing algorithm based on Bandwidth utilization (Top-KRA-BU) is proposed. The algorithm calculates K available paths from the source nodes to the destination nodes in real time, and based on the bandwidth utilization, the K paths are evaluated, and the optimal forwarding path is selected. The experimental results show that the routing algorithm is superior to shortest path first (SPF) routing algorithm in the network bandwidth utilization.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Erwei Ye AU - Zhaohua Long AU - Ruifang Dong PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Top-K Routing Algorithm Based on Bandwidth Utilization in SDN BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.125 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.125 ID - Ye2018/03 ER -