Loss Differentiation and Congestion Control in Heterogeneous Networks
- Junhua Huang, Zhaohua Long, Peng Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Junhua Huang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.126How to use a DOI?
- Heterogeneous Networks, Packet Loss Classification, TFRC, Congestion Control, Kalman Filter.
- Aiming at the lack of effective packet loss differentiation mechanism in existing heterogeneous network congestion control strategies, which leads to efficient use of bandwidth, a packet loss differentiation mechanism based on Kalman filter is proposed and applied to TFRC congestion control strategy. In this algorithm, the average packet arrival delay in the stable phase and the packet arrival time interval in the packet loss phase are used to determine the type of the packet loss and the arrival interval is estimated by using Kalman filter to reduce the measurement error, and then the packet loss rate according to the packet loss type is recalculated. With the packet loss rate, the congestion control strategy starts to control the sender's rate. Experiments show that this algorithm can make congestion control policy more accurately identify the network status and improve the network utilization so that it can better meet the video streaming application requirements.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Junhua Huang AU - Zhaohua Long AU - Peng Zhou PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Loss Differentiation and Congestion Control in Heterogeneous Networks BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.126 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.126 ID - Huang2018/03 ER -