A TDOA-Based Three-Dimensional Positioning Method for IoT
- Yu Zhang, Kai Gao, Jiang Zhu
- Corresponding Author
- Yu Zhang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.136How to use a DOI?
- 3D positioning, TDOA, Chan algorithm, IoT.
- As the Internet of Things (IoT) expands, new networks are initiated in order to provide long-range links with low power and low cost. At the same time, end-devices, localization is attracting more attention. This paper proposes a three-dimensional (3D) positioning algorithm based on time difference of arrival (TDOA). We use unmanned aerial vehicle (UAVs) as gateways to receive signals and calculate, while usual methods are required to construct base stations (BSs). Using UAVs is more flexible and convenient than constructing base stations. Simulation results demonstrate that the proposed method performs better. The second simulation shows that with the increase of the number of BSs, the positioning accuracy improves.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu Zhang AU - Kai Gao AU - Jiang Zhu PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - A TDOA-Based Three-Dimensional Positioning Method for IoT BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.136 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.136 ID - Zhang2018/03 ER -