System of Soil Moisture Monitoring and Water-Saving Irrigation in Hulun Buir Based on Internet of Things and Neural Network
- Xiaobo Hu, Chaoyuan Cui, Shu Yan
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaobo Hu
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.141How to use a DOI?
- soil moisture monitoring, water-saving irrigation, Internet of Things, Neural Network, Wireless Sensor Network, GM (1,1).
- The soil moisture node and water-saving irragation node distribute in the farmland constituted Wireless Sensor Network(WSN) of system via communication technology of Internet Of Things(IOT) like ZigBee,3G/4G and so on.Intelligent sensor of soil moisture node collect soil moisture data and send the data to data-serving platform stored through WSN.Data-serving platform using soil moisture data sets build soil moisture prediction model by grey prediction method GM(1,1) of neural network.The model prediction result combine with crop varieties and irrigation threshod value to make policy of irrigated and irrigation amount,the policy send to water-saving irriagtion nodes as instruction text via WSN.The state and irrigation amount of the node will also feed back to data-serving paltform via WSN.Experiments and trial operation shows that this system can increase crop yield by 11.6% and saving water 78m3 per mu, and system is very stable,easy to maintain,good expansibility,low cost and high degree of automation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaobo Hu AU - Chaoyuan Cui AU - Shu Yan PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - System of Soil Moisture Monitoring and Water-Saving Irrigation in Hulun Buir Based on Internet of Things and Neural Network BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.141 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.141 ID - Hu2018/03 ER -