Nanometer SiO2 Antireflection Coating for Solar Modules
- W. Wei, X.N. Zhu, Y. Zhao, Q. Wu
- Corresponding Author
- W. Wei
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.10How to use a DOI?
- antireflective coating; porous SiO2 film; solar glass; Sol-gel
- In the applications of solar cells, reflection is an unwanted loss process. Using antireflective solar glass can improve the generating efficiency of solar cells. Here the design, synthesis, modification, and characterization of the nano antireflective film for solar modules are reported. Nanometer SiO2 antireflection coating solution was prepared by Sol-gel method. Porous membrane with visible light transmittance of up to 98.2% can be derived from basecatalyzed sol. With modification of the mechanical durability of the samples, the transmittance was improves to 97.43%. Average over wavelength range from 400 to 800 nm, the reflection losses were reduced to only 3.44% by applying the nanometer SiO2 antireflection coating to the cover glass, that is , the AR coating achieves a transmittance enhancement of 5.6% comparing to the original glass. Uniform antireflection and high scratch have been achieved.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - W. Wei AU - X.N. Zhu AU - Y. Zhao AU - Q. Wu PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Nanometer SiO2 Antireflection Coating for Solar Modules BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.10 ID - Wei2016/03 ER -