Microstructure Evolution of Carbon Fiber in PIP-processed C/SiC Composites under High Temperature Environment
- Y. Xiang, Q. Wang, H.F. Cai, Y. Liu, F. Cao
- Corresponding Author
- Y. Xiang
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.12How to use a DOI?
- C/SiC composites; PIP; carbon fiber; high temperature
- The thermal stability of carbon fiber in PIPprocessed C/SiC composites under high temperature environment was studied. The microstructure evolution of carbon fiber in PIP-C/SiC composites was characterized. The results showed that the microstructure of carbon fiber gradually destroyed with the elevation of annealing temperature. When the annealing temperature reached 1800 , the integrity of carbon fiber was destroyed, which corresponding to the descend of mechanical properties. Further study on the mechanisms of carbon fiber is needed and is in progress.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Y. Xiang AU - Q. Wang AU - H.F. Cai AU - Y. Liu AU - F. Cao PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Microstructure Evolution of Carbon Fiber in PIP-processed C/SiC Composites under High Temperature Environment BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.12 ID - Xiang2016/03 ER -