Synthesis and Photochromism Studies of 1-[2-methyl-5-(2-pyridyl)-3-thienyl]-2-[2-methyl-5-(4-bromomethylphenyl)-3-thienyl] Perfluorocyclopentene
- X.G. Tang, H.L. Liu, S.Z. Pu
- Corresponding Author
- X.G. Tang
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.19How to use a DOI?
- diarylethene; photochromism; zeroth/first reaction; concentration
- A new photochchromic diarylethene was synthesized and explored, which is named 1-[2-methyl-5-(2- pyridyl)-3thienyl]-2-[2-methyl-5- 4-bromomethylphenyl -3- thienyl]perfluorocyclopentene. The results showed that it have excellent photochromism, accompanied with the color change from colorless to blue, by photoirradiation in acetonitrile. When irradiated with UV light, the absorbance at 298 nm decreased, while the absorption at 598 nm increased significantly in acetonitrile. In acetonirile, the kinetic experiments showed that the cyclization/cycloreversion process of 1O was determined to be the zeroth/first reaction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - X.G. Tang AU - H.L. Liu AU - S.Z. Pu PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Synthesis and Photochromism Studies of 1-[2-methyl-5-(2-pyridyl)-3-thienyl]-2-[2-methyl-5-(4-bromomethylphenyl)-3-thienyl] Perfluorocyclopentene BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.19 ID - Tang2016/03 ER -